Why I think FC3 sucks!

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 13:15:39 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

>> I just found out that on FC3 Borland C++Builder takes more than 400mb
>>memory! While on Windows, it only takes a little more than 60mb.This is
>>making me believe that System Monitor is having a bug about calculating
>>memory size...
>

> fedora does not ship borland c++. if borland generated bloated code on
> fedora, how is that a fedora problem?

Agreed. Fedora ships with the Gnu C/C++ compiler and as complete a
linker as you'd want--and if you want an IDE, check out "anjuta."

That's my general approach to finding application support: looking for
equivalent Linux applications and acquiring a package that does
everything my old Windows apps used to do.

Temlakos