Why I think FC3 sucks!

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Thu Jan 27 13:28:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 14:14, Edward Yang wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > >   I just found out that on FC3 Borland C++Builder takes more than 400mb
> > > memory! While on Windows, it only takes a little more than 60mb.This is
> > > making me believe that System Monitor is having a bug about calculating
> > > memory size...
> > >

> > fedora does not ship borland c++. if borland generated bloated code on
> > fedora, how is that a fedora problem?
> >

> It's C++BuilderX, which uses Java to drive its graphical IDE. It's the
> Java thing that takes up more than 400mb memory.

OK, go whine to the people at Sun then. The Java RE is not part of FC3
either.

- "Does not work under Virtual PC" - no one said it will, and if it
doesn't it's the Virtual PC guys fault.

- "Borland Builder/Java is a resource hog" - complain to Borland and or
Sun.

- "Unbearably slow on my old 128MB box" - sorry, software upgrades and
hardware upgrades go hand in hand. If you feel that's bad, complain
upstream to the developers working on KDE/Gnome/Other components for all
the new functionality they added since the last release.

--
Tarjei