creating a sysv script

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jan 27 15:52:19 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 10:03, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 09:50 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> >
> > If you are unable to get this problem resolved you may want to check out
> > milter-greylist.  That was easy to install and has worked very well
> > providing greylisting capabilities for sendmail.
> >
> > You may also want to look at its code to see how they get things setup,
> > could help resolve your problem with the package you are using.
> ----
> no it's setup - it's working. I'm just trying to figure out a way to get
> it launched as a daemon - i.e. so that it doesn't list pts/3 or whatever
> terminal so I can log out after starting or restarting.
>
> How are you starting the program?
>
> Craig

I wrote a startup script that I put in the standard init.d directory and
used chkconfig to treat it as a service.  It starts milter-greylist up
when the system boots and you can use the standard tools to manage it.

It treats it as a service on the system.

I started with one of the other scripts in init.d as an example and
modified for milter-greylist.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Old MacDonald had an agricultural real estate tax abatement.