RHGB Doubt

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 27 15:53:41 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Charles <lists at bytebot.net>
Sent: Jan 26, 2005 5:34 AM
To: Prudhvi Krishna Surapaneni <prudhvikrishna at gmail.com>,
	For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: RHGB Doubt

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 21:57 +0530, Prudhvi Krishna Surapaneni wrote:
>          i used to use RHEL v3.0 . in RHEL it show the Complete List
> of Services that are Started and Stoped or even if a particular
> service is Failed.         During the Start up and Suring Changing the
> Run levels. I am able to see that during the Startup why not during
> going to runlevel 0 or  6 from runlevel 5

Wrong list (this is for fedora discussion, not rhel - try taroon-
list at redhat.com)

That said, if you want to see the startup/shutdown stuff, just click the
show details bit during rhgb

-----James' Reply----

Or if the bootloader is grub you can edit grub.conf in the /boot/grub directory and remove the rhgb portion from the kernel= line and rhgb will not start on boot up (that is what I did as rhgb caused other problems.)

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!