Fedora versions

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 18:14:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:03:21 -0800, Mark <msalists at gmx.net> wrote:
> I have a general question about the different versions of Fedora:
> What is the basic difference between the versions?

Read the release notes at http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/

The "basic" differences depends on what components you consider
important or not.  Most software gets updated to a newer version.

> Or would I be better of just using up2date to update my FC1 RPMs from the FC1 channels?

It's usually best to use the installer (Anaconda) rather than just updating
the RPMs.  It handles the transition better.  For instance, even the
release notes for FC3 mention this fact when discussing the conversion
over to udev.

--
Deron Meranda