Sony Vaio Monitor Driver

Don Dupy fedora at maxxrad.net
Thu Jan 27 20:43:15 UTC 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Craig White wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 00:37 +0100, Xung wrote:
>> I am using a sony vaio laptop and after installing Fedora, everything is fine except the monitor resolution, I cant not change it to 1024*800 because Fedora can't recognize it.
>>
>> I tried Sony's Online Support but it only supports Windows users.
>>
> ----
> always check this site out for laptops for ideas/inspiration/tricks
>
> http://www.linux-laptop.net/
>
> 1024x800 is non-standard
>
> try 1024x768 at 60Hz
>
> Craig

When I installed fedora3 on this laptop, I set it to a generic LCD
display, and the maximum resolution for this model @ 60 hz ( which was
1024X768)

I have no issues here, mine is a Sony Vaio PCG-V505BL
Fedora C 3 works great on a Vaio laptop!!!
--
Don Dupy

FC1 - Kernel 2.4.22 - Dell Poweredge 600SC
http://www.maxxrad.net
email: fedora at maxxrad.net