Compiling Kernel on FC2

Steven Pasternak stevenp500 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 27 21:16:42 UTC 2005

I use FC2 and have tried to compile kernel 2.6.9-2.6.11-rc2 and have even
tried installing the RPMs. When it goes to boot the new kernel, it doesn't
know what usbdevfs is when it tries to mount it. Suse 9.1 didn't do this, I
think, because it used usbfs instead. What am I supposed to do? I use
the /boot/config-2.6.5-1.358 as the .config file (after turning off 'generic
x86 support and setting it to athlon). I don't know if there are any other
problems, because I reboot after kudzu says that my printer (usb) is gone.
Thanks!
-Steven