Compiling Kernel on FC2

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 22:57:32 UTC 2005

Steven Pasternak wrote:
> I use FC2 and have tried to compile kernel 2.6.9-2.6.11-rc2 and have even
> tried installing the RPMs. When it goes to boot the new kernel, it doesn't
> know what usbdevfs is when it tries to mount it. Suse 9.1 didn't do this, I
> think, because it used usbfs instead. What am I supposed to do? I use
> the /boot/config-2.6.5-1.358 as the .config file (after turning off 'generic
> x86 support and setting it to athlon). I don't know if there are any other
> problems, because I reboot after kudzu says that my printer (usb) is gone.
> Thanks!

Do you have initscripts-7.55.2 installed? (rpm -q initscripts should
tell you).

There was an update on January 11 to handle *exactly* this problem.

You'll find the updated version in your local yum mirror.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | "Now I've got the bead on you with MY disintegrating
Exeter    Devon    UK | gun.  And when it disintegrates, it disintegrates.