new user needing advice

Gyles Parry gyparry at gylesparry.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 00:56:10 UTC 2005

I am new to Linux and have installed Fedora from a dvd on Linux Format
on a 20Gb partition as a secondary OS to WinXP Pro while I get used to it.

I need to learn a bit about the Linux enviroment, and to be able to
fully move across from Microsoft, I need to be able to use the programs
that I use primarily on my degree: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver,
Director, Flash, Microsoft Visual Basic. Is there a way that I can use
these programs within Linux and produce cross platform output files.

If the answer to the above is yes, are there any really good books that
anyone could recommend that give a good overall explanation of Linux in
general.

Regards,

Gyles