new user needing advice

Vinicius cviniciusm at terra.com.br
Fri Jan 28 01:17:46 UTC 2005

Gyles Parry escreveu:
> I am new to Linux and have installed Fedora from a dvd on Linux Format
> on a 20Gb partition as a secondary OS to WinXP Pro while I get used to it.
>
> I need to learn a bit about the Linux enviroment, and to be able to
> fully move across from Microsoft, I need to be able to use the programs
> that I use primarily on my degree: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver,
> Director, Flash, Microsoft Visual Basic. Is there a way that I can use
> these programs within Linux and produce cross platform output files.
>
> If the answer to the above is yes, are there any really good books that
> anyone could recommend that give a good overall explanation of Linux in
> general.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gyles

Just Google for each program for the GNU\Linux platform, for example:
Google "Visual Basic for Linux" and you get: "REAL Software Introduces
Resources to Help Visual Basic Developers Convert their Software to
Linux and Mac OS X
(http://www.realsoftware.com/company/pressreleases/pr_vbwp.html)".

I suppose you will get similar results for the others.

My 2 cents ;-).