Why I think FC3 sucks!

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Fri Jan 28 01:30:39 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 10:43:40PM +0800, Robert Storey wrote:
> I think it's time for you to set up a mail filter. You can set this up
> with a specialized program (there is an excellent one called
> "Mailfilter" which I use - http://mailfilter.sourceforge.net) or just
> use the filtering on your email client (I use Sylpheed).
>
> To send all html mail to trash, filter the heading:

> Or if you only want to send html mail on the Fedora list to trash, use a
> logical AND:
>
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
>    AND

> That should take care of it. For good.

Say, Robert - I think this filter is too loose.  This method will also
trash text based email which are PGP signed.  Thats not what you want.

But you are on the right track.

Perhaps something that tracks more closely on html, like this line from
my procmailrc file (this line is in a recipe which looks only at email
headers and it is case insensitive):

* ^content-type:.*html

--
Linux/Open Source:  Your infrastructure belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"