FC3 DNS configuration tool (Again)

Bill ngc4013 at cox.net
Thu Jan 27 13:54:53 UTC 2005

I am only slightly amused by the flurry of people that suddenly showed
up on the list after the troll message went out... and the amount of
traffic! Amazing!

So... I installed the full install of FC3 on three new computers. Two
out of the three I checked into the DNS configuration and as I have
stated in earlier messages FC3 sets up the base named files in the
chroot directory with the links back into the /var/named. The menu
selected configuration management tool in both cases performed
identically when attempting to set up additional zone files. The tool
does not behave well when attempting to save the the changes, pops up a
window asking for selection of discard and quit, cancel, or save and
quit. Cancel works, but save and quit does nothing. Ended up having to
use the X to kill the window.

Upon looking at the /var/named/chroot/var/named location, I found a file
generated that was not there before, which has a 4 digit number at the
end and is of 0 size. The generated file does not have anything to do
with the information entered to vreate the new zone.

Looks to me that the tool has some serious issues. So how does this get
rectified. Do I need to document this more and then enter it into bugzilla?

Bill