64-bit FC3 on nForce4 motherboards

Brian Stretch brianstretch at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 05:16:00 UTC 2005

Has anyone successfully migrated a 64-bit FC3 machine to a nForce4
chipset (PCI-Express) motherboard?  I get a kernel panic very quickly
during bootup, right after it fails to mount the drives (boot drive is
Serial ATA, nForce controller).  There are two PCI errors too.  The
weird thing is that I can boot linux rescue off the FC3 DVD and read my
drives just fine.  I had to move my HDs back to my old system to get
online so I'm hoping someone can at least tell me if they have
successfully run FC3 on a nForce4 chipset system.