sound problems - still

Mike Thatcher mthatcher at charter.net
Fri Jan 28 05:18:38 UTC 2005

Well I finally got sound working.  Using gnome volume control, when I
set the the "Headpone" & "PCM" to max and unmute I finally got sound
(yea). The master/master mono sliders have no effect.  The volume
control which shows in the panel at the top of the gnome desktop has no
effect (I don't know what this is the front end for). However the volume
slider on RealPlayer 10.0.2 works correctly

Could someone explay why "Headphone" and not "Master" controls the volume?

miket