FC3 & irssi install probs

Mike Hoy mhoy4 at cox.net
Fri Jan 28 08:17:03 UTC 2005

I'm installing irssi, a text only IRC chat program on Fedora Core 3.

The INSTALL file says that it needs Glib and my system has it.

The instructions say to:

untar it and the cd to the irssi*** directory.

then ./configure

su
make
make install

./configure

outputs:

# ./configure
checking for working aclocal-1.4... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake-1.4... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

ok so config.log says:
a lot!

well i checked this out in freenode #fedora and was told to 'build'
everything like this:

/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build

but i have no clue how to do that.

do i type:
$./configure /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
same result as $./configure

#make /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
   make: Nothing to be done for `/lib/modules/2.6.10-1.741_FC3/build/'.

just to make sure that `uname -r` was right i tried it with
/lib/modules/2.6.10-1.741_FC3/build/

do you need to see the output of config.log?

if so:
http://www.solodiver.net/config.log

mike hoy