getting and compiling source for things like openssl and opentsa

Joel rees at ddcom.co.jp
Fri Jan 28 10:59:26 UTC 2005

Hi, Paul,

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:28:27 +0000
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote

> Joel wrote:
> > I found some seed tarballs somewhere on the fedora pages,
> >
> >     cvs-core-devel-20050127.tar.gz
> >     cvs-extras-devel-20050127.tar.gz
> >
> > untarred them in /opt/rhcvs, and tried several versions of make in
> > /opt/rhcvs/devel/openssl . make just gives me errors.
> >
> > For instance, I need a look at the sources, so I tried "make sources"
> > and curl says
> >
> >     curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
>
> This looks like "curl" has been invoked to download something from a
> website but got a 404 error (file not found).

Yeah, I kind of that that was what was happening.

> >     make: ***[libica-1.3.5.tar.gz] Error 22
>
> Maybe that's what it was trying to download.

I'm sure of it.

> Is there any reference to
> the build process requiring this in a README or INSTALL file?

It's listed in the sources file, which would seem to indicate that FC
builds are requiring it. Hmm. On second thought it's in
adhoc/openssl/devel/sources and adhoc/openssl/FC-3/sources. Oh.

Those big seed tarballs are for FC3. Thanks. I get it.

> You probably need to sort out why this is happening before going further.

So, rm -Rf those seeds. I just use my adhoc sandbox. No problem.

Except, what target would get me actual source in my sandbox?

I need to get a diff with the stock openssl so I can get an idea whether
I would be safe pushing to the very latest openssl so I can get the full
current benefits of the opentsa patch and mod_tsa.

--
Joel Rees   <rees at ddcom.co.jp>
digitcom, inc.   株式会社デジコム