Fedora Core 3 hangs on first boot after install Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201 Laptop

Ed. Lott ed at lott.com
Fri Jan 28 11:51:49 UTC 2005

Installed Fedora Core 3 on Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201 Laptop. On reboot
after installation I get

	Welcome to Fedora Core
	Press 'I' to enter interactive startup
Starting udev:
Initializing hardware ... storage network audio

At this point the system hangs. I have tried passing noprobe and nopcmcia
to the kernel. I am unable to get into interactive startup mode.

Fedora Core 2 was working on this system.

I am not sure how to proceed at this point. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Ed.