fc3 on old 7GB HD with 64MB Ram

duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Fri Jan 28 14:48:00 UTC 2005

I've done a bit of searching and haven't really found anything to  help me
with this problem...

The laptop has fc2 running now, but not very well - i just installed it 'out
of the box' with no tweaks. I now want to put fc3 on with whatever tweaks
people can suggest.

But, I can see there are tweaks around, I've noticed stuff about using a
different x-windows thingy(?) and other bits and pieces.

The laptop should be able to browse without bells and whistles, connect to my
other fc3 box, run OpenOffice or Abiword. That's about it really.

So, where do I start in getting it to run well on the old thing?

Duncan