Installing mysql-4.1.9-1 in FC3

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Fri Jan 28 14:52:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-27-01 at 20:32 +0100, Remi Collet wrote:
> David Hoffman a écrit :
> >
> > OUCH... Why do that when mysql.com already provides a compat package?
>
> Because "Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu" says "I've rebuilt mysql-4.1.9-1 on my
> FC3 machine from the Fedora development source RPM".
>
> So i think it's a better solution to use all the package from the same
> source. And this packages are very well integrated with other Fedora ones.

I at first downloaded the compatibility RPM from the MySQL website
(thanks for the link, Paul).  Everything installed properly, and the
mysqld started without error.

However, after reading your post, I uninstalled the RPM from MySQL (with
the --nodeps option), and did what you suggested.  I agree with your
reasoning: since I'm using the development source RPMs anyway, I might
as well use all of the ones I need from development.

So far mysql is running happily.  I haven't done any heavy loading of it
yet, but SugarCRM, Request Tracker, and Mambo Server will soon be making
use of it.  Hopefully nothing blows up in my face. :)

Thanks to all who responded.  I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu