[Poptop-server] Re: FC3 NIC bonding but arp wrong

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at digitalpath.net
Fri Jan 28 16:22:32 UTC 2005

I'm curious -- if you set the proxy arp entry "correctly", do your tunnels
start working?

IE: Let a client connect, observe the ARP table and that the proxy arp entry
is pointing to eth2 instead of bond0.  Then manually remove that ARP entry and
add a proxy arp entry for the IP to bond0 manually while the tunnel is still
connected...

I haven't set up bonding before, but maybe there is some sort of option you
can pass to the bonding driver to en/disable proxy arp.  I know there are such
entries in /proc ...

What does /var/log/messages say when a client connects?  Should say something
about which interface it finds to tack the proxy arp entry to.

Just brainstorming..

Ray