Time for the swtich has come.

Jim Higson jh at 333.org
Fri Jan 28 17:41:34 UTC 2005

On Friday 28 Jan 2005 03:51, Richard S. Crawford wrote:

> Firefox, Mozilla, Epiphany, Konqueror.  If you use Firefox, install the
> "User Agent" extension.  Many sites that stop you from entering because
> you're not running IE will work just fine under Firefox if you spoof your
> user agent string (most sites, in fact, work just fine).

While this is true, I'd recomend against it.

Widespread accpetance of web standards is not going to happen if site
maintainers continue to think 95%+ of their traffic is from IE users.

Besides, any site that requires a particular browser must be of such low
quality as to be not worth visiting. I can't think of any sites I visit that
have such a stupid restriction.

--
Jim