Iptables rule for windows file sharing?

cjlesh no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Fri Jan 28 18:50:02 UTC 2005

Hey all:

I have a laptop running Fedora Core 3 and a dekstop with Widows XP, both connected via a Linksys router.

I am trying to figure out a way to allow the laptop 'see' the shared directories on the Windows machine. If I disable the Fedora firewall, it works.

I would like to do this without disabling the firewall.
A google search turns up to following command:

iptables -A INPUT -p ALL -i eth0 -s 192.168.0.1 --destination-port 137:139 -j ACCEPT

however this results in an error.

Any help on a reasonable firewall rule to allow windows share traffic on my local network only?

-cjl

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org