Installing mysql-4.1.9-1 in FC3

Remi Collet liste at famillecollet.com
Fri Jan 28 19:35:00 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth a écrit :
> Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
>>
>> Actually, I didn't download the SRPMs for those other packages at all.
>> What you're saying makes sense, but it didn't even occur to me since I
>> assumed I could use just install the rebuilt version of
>> mysqlclient10-3.23.58-4 and have everything play together nicely.
>

> If you do that, it should supply the required dependencies, just like
> the MySQL compatibility packages did.

mysqlclient10-3.23.58-4 is the compat library from Fedora.

I've compare the package. Fedora use the /usr/lib/mysql directory while
Mysql usr /usr/lib. So i think packages from fedora and mysql are not
compatible.

A very simple solution to test your installation is to try a connexion
from a php script, as the php-4.3.10 package is build against the old
library.

Remi.