booting from knoppix problem

Charles Malespin cmalespin at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 21:40:09 UTC 2005

Hi, this is what I did to download knoppix.  I used one of the mirrror sites and downloaded this file to my computer         KNOPPIX_V3.7-2004-12-08-EN
 Then I used the CD burning data that came with my computer(Record Now! I think is what its called).  They have an option to burn data CDs as bootable.  Then they asked me to pick the image I wanted to make the boot CD from.  When I would go to the file where I had knoppix downloaded to it wasnt an .iso file which is what the CD software was looking for, so I had to tell it to look for all files.  Only then would the knoppix file show up.  I would then burn that file which said was an image file...  And that is what I did for both knoppix and the rescue CD.
Charles