booting from knoppix problem

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 21:55:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:40:09 -0800 (PST), Charles Malespin
<cmalespin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi, this is what I did to download knoppix.  I used one of the mirrror sites
> and downloaded this file to my computer         KNOPPIX_V3.7-2004-12-08-EN
>  Then I used the CD burning data that came with my computer(Record Now! I
> think is what its called).  They have an option to burn data CDs as
> bootable.  Then they asked me to pick the image I wanted to make the boot CD
> from.  When I would go to the file where I had knoppix downloaded to it
> wasnt an .iso file which is what the CD software was looking for, so I had
> to tell it to look for all files.  Only then would the knoppix file show up.
>  I would then burn that file which said was an image file...  And that is
> what I did for both knoppix and the rescue CD.
> Charles

If your CD burning program is really called RecordNow, that's an HP
product for Windows. Are you trying to burn a Knoppix CD in Windows?
That should work, but you may not get the best help on a Fedora
mailing list. Look for a Knoppix email list or web forum.

Good luck,
Matt