Time for the swtich has come.

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat Jan 29 00:05:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 05:54:45PM -0600, Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> As unfortunate as it is, my bank for e-banking services REQUIRES (via
> UsetAgent string) IE and/or Netscape 7.x. That's just plain stupid, I've
> told them to only check the Mozilla part of the string so users with
> other Mozilla-based browsers like Firefox or Opera can also access the
> sites... They do not listen.

Keep trying -- it takes a long time for big institutions to change. For a
long long time, one of the large financial institutions I use had the same
problem, but after several years, suddenly they had a site redesign that was
basically standards-compliant and had no such arbitrary checks.

--
Matthew Miller            mattdm at mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
-->  Fedora Users & Developers Conference, hosted by Boston University  <--