Time for the swtich has come.

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Sat Jan 29 00:09:11 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 04:03:13PM -0800, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> I certainly wasn't advocating spoofing the useragent string *all* the time.
> Only on those few sites that say they require IE, when they really don't.  My
> bank's pretty good at making their website standards compliant, so I can get
> to it with any browser, but there is one other site I visit frequently that
> says it requires NS or IE, even though it works perfectly well in Firefox.
> Again, I've written to the webmaster about this, but to no avail.

Richard, What is the other site?   Let the list know.  If every one here
visits it once, the number of non-IE browsers in their log files will be
astounding.  And all we have to do is click the link in your email.

Think of it as a grass roots campaign.  Lets see what affect it has.

What's the URL?

--
Linux/Open Source:  Your infrastructure belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"