Fedora Core 3 hangs on first boot after install ToshibaSatellite2805-S201 Laptop

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Jan 29 00:46:25 UTC 2005

Richard Hubbell wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 05:51:49 -0600, Ed. Lott <ed at lott.com> wrote:
>

>>Installed Fedora Core 3 on Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201 Laptop. On reboot
>>after installation I get

>>        Welcome to Fedora Core
>>        Press 'I' to enter interactive startup
>>Starting udev:
>>Initializing hardware ... storage network audio
>>
>>At this point the system hangs. I have tried passing noprobe and nopcmcia
>>to the kernel. I am unable to get into interactive startup mode.
>>
>>Fedora Core 2 was working on this system.
>>
>>I am not sure how to proceed at this point. Any suggestions would be
>>appreciated.
>>

>This sounds like a problem with udev.  Look at the FC3 release notes
>for more detail.  I experienced something similar when installing FC3
>to 2nd parition on a 2nd disk.
>
>Richard
>

>>Ed.
>>
>>--

What do you see if you disable rhgb from the kernel boot line in GRUB
(press any key at the message to enter the menu, press 'e' at the FC
entry and 'e' again at the line in question. Press enter after you made
your change. To boot, press 'b'). Maybe it is having trouble to laod the
default video driver, since FC3 loads RHGB after udev initialization.