TurboTax - Linux?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat Jan 29 05:40:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 08:59:28PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Yeah; I've done this for several years under Linux, and am pretty happy with
> it. Downside is Intuit stores all of your private data on their servers;
> upside is kinda the same thing, since it's all very easy the next year since
> they can prefill anything that hasn't changed.

Doh! This year, turbotax for the web gives me the dreaded:

  TurboTax for the Web does not work with the Web browser you are using. You
  must use one of the following supported browsers:

  Windows®

    Windows XP         Internet Explorer® 6.0, Netscape® 7.x, AOL® 7.0
                        or higher
    Windows 2000/98/Me Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher, Netscape 7.x, AOL
                        7.0 or higher
    Windows NT®        Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher, AOL 7.0 or higher

  Mac OS®

     Mac OS 9.0 or higher   Safari 1.x, AOL for Mac OS X

--
Matthew Miller            mattdm at mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
-->  Fedora Users & Developers Conference, hosted by Boston University  <--