Problem printing to Epson sylus photo 820 on USB

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 29 06:59:03 UTC 2005

Joseph Vlcek wrote:

> lpstat -p
> printer stylus-photo-820-1 disabled since Jan 01 00:00 -
>         Unable to open HAL device
> "hal:///org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_usb_device_4b8_5_100_-1_W02L20112141002550_0"

I did not see another reply to this very old message.

I encountered the same thing when I installed a new USB Epson Stylus
printer.  I had to delete the HAL created printer as this is broken and
recreated the printer using the System Settings -> Printing which is a
panel link to /usr/bin/printconf-gui.  After deleting the HAL created
print queue and created a new queue for the printer.

Good luck with your Epson printer.

--
James McKenzie