[installation +updates of packages]pb with YUM

Daniel Moyne dmoyne at tiscali.fr
Sat Jan 29 11:15:49 UTC 2005

Le vendredi 28 Janvier 2005 17:13, Paul Howarth a écrit :

> >>What does your lilo say when you try to use this entry? Does it fail when
> >>you  run the lilo command or when you try to boot using this entry?
> >
> > If I run lilo after adding this entry I get the following error message :
> > [root at azun dmoyne]# lilo
> > Added linux
> > Added 2.6.3-devfs
> > Added 2.4.25-devfs
> > Added 2.6.8.1-udev *
> > Fatal: First sector of /dev/hdb1 doesn't have a valid boot signature
>
> I think that probably means that grub is not installed properly on
> /dev/hdb1. Have you run "grub-install /dev/hdb1" from your FC3
> installation?
Paul,

a) you know I am green on this system , what I did regrading GRUB is simply
through the installation procedure saying that I wanted to install GRUB onto
hbd1 ! but I will try to execute this command and see.

b) regarding what you told me for GPG-KEY :
rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3/RPM-GPG-KEY*
it worked fine and I could globally update my system but it took forever hours
and hours though I have ADSL ! ; I have seen somewhere a "yum.conf" file
proposed to solve this type of problem ; to stay on the positive side whom to
contact to to modify the error message obtained before executing your command
that is to say :
You have enabled checking of packages via GPG keys. This is a good thing.
However, you do not have any GPG public keys installed. You need to download
the keys for packages you wish to install and install them.
You can do that by running the command:
    rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3/RPM-GPG-KEY*
instead of :
You have enabled checking of packages via GPG keys. This is a good thing.
However, you do not have any GPG public keys installed. You need to download
the keys for packages you wish to install and install them.
You can do that by running the command:
    rpm --import public.gpg.key
which is more relevant !

I will keep you posted for LILO -> GRUB and launch phase 2 ; installation of
kernel source to compile my Tekram SCSI pilot.
--
kernel 2.4                            / --- \