Problem with yum

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 29 14:09:41 UTC 2005

I've just installed FC3 on my desktop machine and have attempted to
update with yum.  Some packages would install/update OK while others
would complain that there was no public GPG key available.

I've added GPG keys per instructions at http://www.fedorafaq.org and
even have commented out the gpgcheck lines in my yum.conf downloaded
from http://www.fedorafaq as well.

That was issue #1.

Since then I have installed yumextender as well, per a post I saw on
this list.  Looks and works good, but of course was suffering the same
errors as when using yum from console.

Something has since gone awry as I cannot update yum and yumextender
will no longer start since I changes some repos.  I get the following:
[root at localhost etc]# yum check-update
not using ftp, http[s], or file for repos, skipping - None
Setting up Repo:  livna-stable
repomd.xml                100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
Setting up Repo:  fedora-unstable
repomd.xml                100% |=========================|  903 B
00:00
Setting up Repo:  fedora-stable
repomd.xml                100% |=========================|  903 B
00:00
Setting up Repo:  livna-unstable
repomd.xml                100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
Setting up Repo:  updates-released
repomd.xml                100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
Setting up Repo:  livna-testing
repomd.xml                100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
Setting up Repo:  base
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

My yum.conf file mentions that base repos are located
at /etc/yum.conf.d/ but this directory isn't present currently on my
system.

What I'm trying to do is to select repositories that will hopefully not
conflict while at the same time make use of bleeding-edge packages where
possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.