TurboTax - Linux?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat Jan 29 15:38:00 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 08:06:21AM -0500, Temlakos wrote:
> That's probably because TurboTax for the Web is written in MS Active
> Server Pages or J-Script Pages or some proprietary mess like that.
> Intuit needs to write things in Java, and otherwise stick to
> W3C-compliant code. Until they do--well, I suppose we'll have to learn
> how to run IE5 on WINE--if we can /get/ IE5 separate and apart from Windows.

It worked fine in Mozilla last year. And notice the list -- they support
Netscape 7.x, and Safari on the Mac. I don't think there's any _problem_
with Firefox -- they've just decided to lock it out on purpose.

And actually, this year, I found that it's easily tricked into working -- I
changed the UA string to IE to start, and then discovered that the "Continue
your tax return" link doesn't check, so you can just use Firefox no problem.

--
Matthew Miller            mattdm at mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
-->  Fedora Users & Developers Conference, hosted by Boston University  <--