FC3 marvell group ltd gigabit ethernet adapter

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 04:01:53 UTC 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:55:26 -0700, Donald Raikes <dnraikes at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I just installed FC3 on a new gateway pc which includes an onboard  marvell
> technology group ethernet adapter. The chipset requires the sk98lin driver,
> but the one that came with FC3 is not working. The installatino is not
> recognizing the nic.
>
> I have been unable to locate any rpm's to install/update the driver.
>
> Any suggestions / help appreciated.10/100/1000 et

My latest motherboard is an ASUS P5P800 which also has the same
adapter. I had to download and install the kernel modules for this. I
don't know what motherboard you are using, but I don't think it's
going to matter if you download the same drivers I used.

http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5P800/Marvell_other.zip

Once you download the file and unzip it, look in the Linux directory.
Then go to the linux2.4.13 directory (I know you are not using 2.4.13,
but that's where the file is that works). Follow the instructions in
the README.htm.

--

David