Problem to configure my external USB CD-burner with FC2

dellache at CRM.UMontreal.CA dellache at CRM.UMontreal.CA
Sun Jan 30 04:41:48 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have an external USB combo CD-RW/DVD R. Despite I have succeeded to
mount my CD-Rom, I do not succeed to configure the CD-burner (see below
for example what I obtain with the command line "# cdrecord -scanbus").

My linux distribution is a Fedora Core 2.6.5-1.358

The /etc/fstab file contains the line

/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660,noauto,owner,ro 0 0

Is-there someone who could help me to configure my laptop for my CD-Rw
burner ? Is there any bug in this Fedora 2.6.5 ? (by the way : the CD-rw
is ok with my windose partition).

Thank you for the info !

Stéph

# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a27-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
<warly at mandrakesoft.com>.
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this
version.
scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Using badly designed ATAPI via /dev/hd* interface.
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/hd*'. Cannot open
SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are
root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.