[installation +updates of packages]pb with YUM

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Jan 30 13:48:44 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 12:15 +0100, Daniel Moyne wrote:
> b) regarding what you told me for GPG-KEY :
> rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3/RPM-GPG-KEY*
> it worked fine and I could globally update my system but it took forever hours
> and hours though I have ADSL ! ; I have seen somewhere a "yum.conf" file
> proposed to solve this type of problem ; to stay on the positive side whom to
> contact to to modify the error message obtained before executing your command
> that is to say :
> You have enabled checking of packages via GPG keys. This is a good thing.
> However, you do not have any GPG public keys installed. You need to download
> the keys for packages you wish to install and install them.
> You can do that by running the command:
>     rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3/RPM-GPG-KEY*
> instead of :
> You have enabled checking of packages via GPG keys. This is a good thing.
> However, you do not have any GPG public keys installed. You need to download
> the keys for packages you wish to install and install them.
> You can do that by running the command:
>     rpm --import public.gpg.key
> which is more relevant !

Yum is a tool that can install packages from many different places, each
of which will have their own GPG key. That's why the yum instructions
use a generic example "public.gpg.key" rather than a Fedora-repository-
specific list of keys "/usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3/RPM-GPG-KEY*"

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>