Firefox, Thunderbird and %#$@* Evolution

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 30 17:34:46 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 10:48:19AM -0600, Robert wrote:
>
>>and definitely more friendly for those who are still using dialup
>>connections but the deal breaker for me is that it wants to use
>>Evolution and I don't/won't.  I have looked in the prefs.js file, in
>>about:config and in the handful of options available under Edit  -->
>>preferences and haven't exactly been inundated with clues. In the Help
>>section, I find this jewel:
>

> Have you tried the Preferences->Preferred Applications applet (aka
> gnome-default-applications-properties)?

No, I have not tried that because I don't run gnome. However. if I do a
Preferences --> more preferences --> Desktop settings wizard
all I get is a (very) abbreviated KDE Control Center. If, in the KDE
Control Center, I choose KDE Components --> Component Chooser select
Email Client and enter mozilla-thunderbird, it does no good as far as
firefox is concerned.
Maybe it's time to d/l the source rpm.

Thanks for the response!