I'm ready to install Fc3, pls advice me

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jan 30 17:47:17 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 07:22, Kumara wrote:
> Greetings to list!
> I'm very new to Linux. but read out a one bible book of FC3 (FC3
> Unleashed). upon this i'm going to install a FC3 Server.
> I have got FC3 CD's in my hand and my requirements are
> 1. GUI for most of the things.
> 2. Need command prompt also

There are many very good how to documents on the web.  This one may
cover most of what you want to do.  http://www.brennan.id.au

Please spend plenty of time understanding how to secure your system.
Only run those services you really need.  Enable the firewall.  And if
you are setting up an MTA for email please verify that you do not setup
an open relay, check with someone else that has setup email servers
before just to make sure.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Why don't you fix your little problem... and light this candle?
		-- Alan Shepherd, the first man into space, Gemini program