Removing a "busy" text file?

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Sun Jan 30 20:18:55 UTC 2005

On Sunday 30 January 2005 12:11 pm, Tim Smith flailed at a keyboard and
produced this:
> Well, in the extreme a reboot should fix it, but you don't really want to do
> that. The /sbin/fuser command (part of the psmisc package) will tell you
> what process is holding the file open. You can then kill the process in
> question (most likely a KDE ioslave), and you should be able to remove the
> file.

Hm.  Running:

# /sbin/fuser Concerning\ Hobbits.mp3

yields nothing.

Still can't delete it.

Something I forgot to mention: the directory ~/music is actually a symlink to
a Samba share on a RH8 computer in my house which has all of our MP3 files.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford at mossroot.com)