core 3 hangs

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Mon Jan 31 03:31:32 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "solarflow 99" <solarflow99 at hotmail.com>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 9:05 PM
Subject: core 3 hangs

>I am having a problem booting core 3 on this 1 computer.  It boots fine up
>to the point where it says:
>
> Switching to a new root
>
> and, it just sits there.   Does anyone have any ideas what could cause it
> to hang there?  low ram?  I disabled selinux, and everthing else, upgraded
> the kernel, but it still hangs.
>
> Thanks...

A little more info is needed.  What are the specs on your system (i.e. how
much memory).  Has it ever worked?  If so, what changed recently?  How did
you upgrade the kernel if it just hangs?

Please have a look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html,
and then give us a little more to work with...

Thanks,
Thomas