IMAP, POP3, FC1 vs FC3

poohba at blkpoohba.dyndns.org poohba at blkpoohba.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 31 05:22:20 UTC 2005

Well, seeing how I didn't go to FC2 and I only went to FC3 b/c I built a
new system I think as long as they support FC1 I just may go back to it.
My thing is.  If it isn't broke why try to fix it.  Maybe there were some
flaws in imapd that I didn't know of but I was able to use it VERY easily.
With dovecot I have been reading you have to reformat the way you use your
mail and mail 'folders'.  My inbox is in /var/spool/mail/user and my
'folders' which are only files are under ~/mail and that worked.  And
since it was imapd that was working then I guess I will go back to that.
I've tried following the comments and various pages I've found and I have
not been able to get pop or imap to work.