core 3 hangs

solarflow 99 solarflow99 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 06:18:16 UTC 2005

>From: "Thomas Cameron" <thomas.cameron at camerontech.com>
>To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: core 3 hangs

ok, it is a working installation, if I pull the 20 GB drive into my PIII-866
(where I installed it from) it boots up just fine. The computer that it
hangs with is an older PC, I was kind of embarassed to say the specs, but
there must be other people running FC3 on older hardware too.  it's a P-100
16MB ram, I changed the kernel to the newest i586 rpm, it won't even boot up
with i686 anyway.  I have selinux disabled.  I'm just wondering what happens
when linux displays "Switching to a new root"  just before the Init process
starts.

thanks for the reply

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology.
first two months FREE*.