Getting my wife to switch to Fedora

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Jan 31 15:59:40 UTC 2005

Chip Lueck wrote:
> I'm in the process of weaning my wife from her M$ addiction (I'm
> already a Linux geek, running FC3, fully updated).

> For those interested, I started the weaning process by moving all her
> "My Documents" in the Windoze world to her home dir on my Fedora box.
> I changed the pointer of her My Documents from her local hard drive to
> a Samba-mount.    Once she was used to her documents being in a
> different place, I gave her a CD to boot from.  This CD will boot her
> machine as a thin client (ltsp/etherboot) to have a session on my FC3
> box.  This has been helpful so she can immerse herself in the new
> world, but still have her safety blanket at her fingertips, and I
> didn't have to make her machine dual-boot.
>
> We're at the point now where she only uses her safety blanket for
> Palm-related stuff.  I'm ready to get her a new machine and her own
> fresh Fedora installation, but the two Palm apps are the only stopping
> point.

Buy her a new PDA that is supported if that is required.  Then let
Palm know.  Money speaks louder than words to businesses. :)

My wife loves Linux at home.  Uses a Mac for her work (pre OSX) and
Windows for running some machines.  Linux is her favorite.  One of the
reasons I love her. :)

--
Robin Laing