Problem to configure my external USB CD-burner with FC2

Dellacherie Stephane dellache at CRM.UMontreal.CA
Mon Jan 31 19:51:48 UTC 2005

 > James McKenzie

>>No, it does not work ! Are you sure that it can not be
>>due to a bug of Fedora Core 2.6.5-1.358 ?
>> Is-there something else that bI could try to do to understand the problem ?
>>

> Steph:

> I will connect my USB 2.0 DVD/CD-RW external drive and see what modules load up for it this evening.
> I was able to use this drive to backup and restore information even with that kernel release.

> What is the name of the drive you are using?
> This may be why the drive is not recognized as being a cdwriter rather than a cd reader only.

James :

I think that I use a "generic" driver because the name of the driver seems to be "none or built-in" : perhaps this generic (?) driver is only for "cd-reader-only" ???

By the way, the name of my external USB 2.0 cd-rw is "Lacie Slimtype Combo LSC-24082 K" which seems to be similar to http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10392

and Lacie does not offer any linux-driver support of course ... .

Stéph