Linux Source Code? Where?

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Mon Jan 31 20:59:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 14:27 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:

> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/SRPMS/
>
> has all the latest sources and you would select the appropriate one for
> your kernel.
>
> I would suggest that you update to the latest (yum update) then get the
> matching source tree for it which would be
> kernel-2.6.10-1.741_FC3.src.rpm

Here we go again. Apparently the original poster has not read the
RELEASE NOTES.

That aside, "kernel-xx-src.rpm is the rpm source code which can be used
to compile the kernel-sourcecode-2.6.10-1.741_FC3.noarch.rpm.

If the source tree is required (not just lib/modules/kernel-xx) then the
interim step is required to create an rpm that will install the source
tree with all of the FC3 patches applied.

If I'm not explaining that well, please help me out.