Options For Installing Fedora To Older Laptop

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 31 21:05:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:50:10 +0100
Duncan Lithgow <duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk> wrote:

> It will help anyone, the miswritten file was having the spelling
> programme look for a match to all availabloe ditionaries - it was never
> designed for that. I had it going up to 720MB of my memory on a right-
> click.

No wonder my laptop went swap-crazy. :)

I used to use OpenOffice 1.0 on a P233 laptop with 96MB of RAM (Redhat 9
as the OS), and aside from the initial loading time, it worked quite well.
 Has the memory footprint gone up THAT much with the 1.1 series, or is
the other poster's pain associated with this dictionary bug?

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!