Screensaver Help

C.Beamer cbeamer at interlynx.net
Fri Jul 1 20:39:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

I know that many messages have been posted to this list regarding
screensavers.  I did install the two extra xscreensaver packages that
are needed to add more screensavers once I saw this advice on the
list.  However, I couldnt find anything that specifically was like the
situation that I am having.

Once I installed these, they work fine in Gnome, but they don't work
in KDE and I'm sorry, but I'm a KDE user and the expanded list of
screensavers doesn't work in KDE.

I don't understand why Fedora had to go and change the screensavers
that were installed as part of FC3.  It seems with every new release
of Fedora, there are more little quirks that have to be overcome to
get my system back the way it was before the new release.  Don't get
me wrong.  I love Fedora.  However, when a new release is issued, I
tend to install fresh rather than doing an upgrade and it's just
frustrating when I can't immediately get things back the way I had
them before the new install.

Any direction here would be appreciated.

Regards,

Colleen