NTFS Concerns with FC2

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 2 00:43:25 UTC 2005

Gordon Messmer wrote:

> Mike McCarty wrote:
>

>> Hmm. First look seems good. But when I plug in my USB drive
>> formatted by Linux, Windows XP wants to start formatting it.
>> That's where my files are.
>

> Windows will always ask about removable media, but as long as you say
> 'no', you should be able to use explore2fs to access its files.

Thanks. I accidentally booted with the USB cable plugged in,
and pulled it as quickly as I could. MicroSoft products
have a habit of making presumptions about what the user wants
when they encounter unusual circumstances, and being difficult
to convince that the user was doing something other than
presumed.

I remember one time when it took me about 2 hours to convince
Word that I really, really wasn't trying to make an enumerated
list just because a few lines in a row happened to begin
with numbers.

So I'm kinda careful about that sort of thing. Especially since
I'm trying to pay the rent with this computer.

Mike