How to install festival Spanish support?

Mariano Draghi chaghi at sion.com
Sat Jul 2 17:14:00 UTC 2005

How can I install "festival" Spanish support in FC4?
It seems that the default RPM comes only with English. I couldn't find
any additional festival RPMs either in core or in extras (other than the
devel RPM, which I pressume won't install any additional language...)

If I do
$ festival --language spanish
I get a
SIOD ERROR: unbound variable : voice_el_diphone
festival: fatal error exiting.

After Googlin' a while, it turns out that the error menans the specified
language's files aren't installed.
The output of
$ rpm -ql festival
reveals that there's no '/usr/share/festival/voices/spanish' files.

Is there a package with the other languages? ("yum list festival*" says
there isn't)

--
Mariano