Ndis Wrapper Installation

David G. Miller (aka DaveAtFraud) dave at davenjudy.org
Sat Jul 2 23:39:49 UTC 2005

> ridan abid <vertelxml at yahoo.com> wrote: --- Mark Bidewell
> <mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:

>>> Exactly

>>> it

>>> protection around

>>> what error did you receive?  if any
>>>

>I did not get any error. when i type in "modprobe
>ndiswrapper" i don't recieve a response from the
>terminal. so then i type in iwconfig and it says:
>lo     no wireless extensions.
>
>sit0     no wireless extensions.
>
>Nader

Three things:
1) Next time try "modprobe -v ndiswrapper".  This will tell you where
modprobe is finding ndiswrapper.
2) Immediately after #1, try "dmesg | less" and go to the bottom (shift
g).  You will, hopefully, see some output from ndiswrapper attempting to
load.
3) "lsmod | less".  Search for ndiswrapper ("/ ndis" is usually sufficient).